- Dr. Kathleen M. Carley and Jeff Reminga to teach social network analysis in Riga Latvia, as part of the Social Media Analysis Course being designed with NATO. March 21-24, 2017.
- Dr. Kathleen M. Carley to give plenary talk
Wisdom or Ignorance: The Thoughtful Use of Networksat the 8th Annual ANN SONIC workshop on Network Theory at the University of Southern California March 23rd-25th in Los Angeles.
- Dr. Kathleen M. Carley to give invited talk -
Wisdom or Ignorance: The Heedful Manipulation of Networksat the Informatics Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
- The South Big Data Innovation Hub will bring together four experts for a roundtable discussion including our Director Kathleen M. Carley, that explores how bots and other new phenomena are shaping conversations and shifting public discourse on March 9th. Information about attending the discussion via live cast or in person, visit the South Big Data website at https://southbdhub.wordpress.com/programs/virtual-roundtables/.
- Kathleen M. Carley to give invited talk
Dynamic Network Analysis: Health Applicationsat the Public Health Dynamics Laboratory (PHDL) at the University of Pittsburgh Monday February 13th at noon.
- A new ABC news article mentions the Hazard SEES project that CASOS is collaborating on. For more info on the Hazard SEES project and a link to the article, visit here.
- The 2017 CASOS Summer Institute will be held at the Gates/Hillman Complex at Carnegie Mellon University June 4th through 11th. Registration and other information will follow in the upcoming months. To see what the Summer Institute is all about and see information from previous years, visit here.
- Congratulations to CASOS Graduate student Wei Wei sucessfully defended his PhD Thesis Probabilistic Models of Topics and Social Events. Wei Wei is now working at Google.
- The 2017 SBP-BRiMS Conference will be July 10th through 13th at George Washington University in Washington, DC. Updates will be posted on the conference website www.sbp-brims.org.
- On Friday December 2, CASOS Director Kathleen M. Carley will visit the Geography Department at Penn State about Dynamic Network Analysis and big data. The lecture will begin at 4pm. For information about the talk visit: here.